Olives of Nice
Olive of Nice:
The Olive that will reconcile you with olives!
Olive of Nice comes from a single variety of olive tree : the cailletier tree.
Contrary to popular belief, the olives of Nice are not only small and black. They can also be big and green. From fresh olive to olive table, I invite you to discover our methods.
Development process of table olives
- Olives are harvested by shaking down
- Grading, leaves are removed
- Vigorous washing with potable water
- Put in barrels
- Closing of barrels, the olives are completely submerged in brine
- Addition of brine: water + 10% of sea salt
- After a minimum period of three months, the olives are marketable.
- Periodic monitoring of the brine:
• pH <4.5 • Salinity> 8% • Ambient temperature <20 °
From the harvest to the barrels, all process steps are performed the same day. Olives will spend several months in the barrel to turn into table olives. Through this process of lacto-fermentation, the olives are less bitter and the flesh softens. This slow transformation respects the uniqueness of the taste and texture of each olive.
To ensure maximum freshness of our products, the last two steps that are manual sorting and packaging, are realized at the last moment.
Calibration of Olives: There must be between 40 to 70 olives for 100gr
In brine: The brine is made between 8% and 12% of salt.
Sorting of table olives: we remove the olives presenting visual imperfections.
Table olives are packed in 3 forms:
- the bag : bag of 200gr and 500gr. The olives are in brine.
- the jarof 230gr : the jar is pasteurized
- the bucket : bucket of 3kg and10kg